Thursday, April 29, 2010

Globalization

When reading the beginning the chapter 24, I was little confused as to what they were trying to get at, especially after the first sentence. I thought to myself, 'well of course people in Iran aren't going to like Barbie. She is not very conservative at all.' Then I continued reading, and as soon as I read about both dolls being made in China it all clicked!
I feel that America totally relies on imports a little too much. I'm curious to see what things would be like if China didn't exist, or what things would be like had globalization and trade not grown to the extent of which they exist today.
Earlier today when I was blogging about Communism, I was looking for a political cartoon that I could use to sum everything up as the way I see it, but I was unable to find one. I did however come across a cartoon, thought nothing of it at the time, and then as I was writing this blog, I realized that it would be perfect!
So, here is that cartoon!


Couldn't have said it better myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment